You’ll find many things about outdoor LED flood lights that you might not know, especially if you don’t live in an area where these lights are commonly used. They are often used as a security measure or for lighting up your backyard at night, so you can enjoy them more. There are many different brands and styles of outdoor flood lights that you can choose from, but they all have their advantages and disadvantages.
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, commonly found in outdoor LED flood lights. If you’re wondering what the difference between outdoor and indoor LED flood lights is, it’s simply the location. This is not the same as the difference between a halogen and an LED flood light. There are a few different benefits of outdoor LED flood lights that indoor ones don’t have, so let’s discuss them. Indoor LED flood lights often need to use a ballast to help regulate the current running through them. Outdoor flood lights don’t need this ballast because they have a different voltage than indoor flood lights. In addition to not needing a ballast, outdoor LED flood lights are waterproof. This means that you don’t have to worry about water setting off your outdoor flood lights like you do indoor ones. Find the best manufacturer of outdoor LED floodlights and see the difference!
The Benefits of Outdoor LED Floodlights
Outdoor LED flood lights have a few different benefits that indoor ones don’t. Outdoor LED floodlights are excellent for illuminating dark areas, providing an extra layer of lighting that can’t be seen with regular bulbs. They’re also perfect to use at night when you need more visibility than the standard streetlight! Let’s look at a few of them.
- Longevity – Outdoor LED flood lights can last 25,000 to 50,000 hours. This is enough time for them to outlast most homeowners’ lifetimes.
- Versatility – Outdoor LED flood lights can be used for a wide variety of different things. They can be used for outdoor lighting, security lighting, line marking, and more.
- Savings – Outdoor LED flood lights are more energy-efficient than incandescent and halogen flood lights. This means you’ll spend less on your electric bill if you use outdoor LED flood lights.
- Waterproof – Outdoor LED flood lights aren’t affected by water like indoor LED flood lights are, which is a huge plus.
What to Look for in a Quality Outdoor LED Floodlight?
There are several things that you should look for in quality outdoor flood light. These include lumens, watts, beam angle, color temperature, voltage, and warranty coverage.
- Lumens- Lumens are the amount of light that a floodlight gives off. You’ll want this number to be as high as possible for your outdoor flood lights.
- Watts – You’ll want your outdoor flood lights to use as little electricity as possible, so you’ll want as low a wattage rating as possible.
- Beam Angle – The beam angle of your outdoor flood lights is how wide the light travels. You’ll want this number to be wide enough so that your yard is well lit but narrow enough so that it doesn’t light up your neighbor’s yard.
What to Look for When Shopping for Outdoor LED Flood lights?
What are you looking for in your outdoor LED floodlights? How about energy-efficient, long-lasting use or brilliant illumination that won’t tax the power grid. We have many options, from single-tier floods to multiple light bars! There are a few different things that you should look for when shopping for outdoor LED flood lights.
- Warranty – You’ll want to ensure that the outdoor LED flood lights you buy come with a warranty in case they break during the first few years.
- Wattage – You’ll want to ensure that the outdoor LED flood lights you buy have a low enough wattage rating, so they’re energy-efficient.
Types of Outdoor LED Floodlights
There are several different types of outdoor LED flood lights. Let’s take a closer look at what each of these types has to offer.
- Spotlights – Spotlights provide focused light to a specific area. They’re great for lighting up a garden or a walkway with minimal light spreading out in other directions.
- Floodlights – Floodlights are continuous lights that emit light in all directions. They’re perfect for lighting up your whole yard or a wide area like a driveway or sidewalk.
If you live in an area with little natural lighting or have a backyard space that isn’t well-lit, installing outdoor LED flood lights can be beneficial for you and your property. Outdoor LED floodlights are a type of outdoor light fixture installed directly outside your home. They are placed on the walls, fences, and other exterior surfaces.
If you’re thinking about installing outdoor LED flood lights in your home but aren’t sure if they’re right for you, this article will give you some reasons why they should be included as part of your home lighting plan.
Now that you know what to look for in a quality product, what to look for when shopping for them, and the different types of outdoor LED flood lights, you should have a better idea of which one is right for your situation. These lights are a great way to light up your yard or walkway, and they come in various styles, sizes, and colors.