Do you struggle to manage data or organize it in a structured format? Haven’t you considered investing in a tool to make your process effortless?
Well, you might have encountered SharePoint at some point. There are chances that you have had a pleasant experience handling business workflow, and this is only possible if you have the right knowledge.
Are you aware that around 80% of the Fortune 500 companies are dealing with SharePoint for internal communication, collaboration, and intranet?
Did you explore SharePoint Inventory Management, lists, forms, libraries, or PowerApps? They are some of the best parts of the platform that empowers the business performance by boosting productivity.
We will explore each of them and provide you with the best insights about each in this content piece.
What is SharePoint inventory?
This solution helps track inventory levels by collecting manual inputs of new inventory purchases and sales. Large businesses have to deal with complex information that requires heavy computations to bring effective results.
Some noteworthy features of SharePoint inventory are:
- It has a tab forms interface to make it easier for navigation
- Inventory reorder support for better management
- Separate forms to handle inventory, orders, suppliers, sales, and customers
- The dashboard helps to display a pie chart of inventory quantity, order, and sales status
What are SharePoint lists?
The web part in SharePoint that contains content is a SharePoint list. It stores and displays information in a list format. It is similar to a database that stores data and provides reports. Users can add multiple columns like single-line text, currency, multi-line text, and more to store information.
The three important elements of the SharePoint list are:
- Items: This is a record in a database. It will be information about the customer, supplier, or other people connected with the business.
- Views: SharePoint lists use views to display the data stored in it
- Fields: They are like columns. It might be a customer name, contact detail, email, etc.
What are SharePoint forms?
It is a screen or window that contains a field for the user to insert data. Most fields will have a label to ensure the information is added in a structured format and makes it easier to access. The form also holds a field label to ensure users do not add information randomly, making it difficult to access.
The list of features designers get on SharePoint forms are:
- Hide or show fields
- Work using the form code
- Insert text and graphics to make it interactive
- Update the layout of forms
- Usage of data controls for better management
What are SharePoint libraries?
They are a fundamental part of the SharePoint site. SharePoint library is a repository to store multiple types of files. There are media libraries, page libraries, and more. It is a super folder that helps to separate your files to keep data clean and organized.
Some amazing features of the SharePoint library:
- They have their own set of permissions to keep the data secure
- Support of version history to track all the changes in the library
- Co-authoring ensures that multiple people can work together in real-time on the same file
- It accepts all types of files
What is Microsoft PowerApps?
This software helps technical and non-technical users to build, share, and manage business apps in Windows, Android, and iOS. Users do not need any prior knowledge of developing an app or coding.
The benefits of using Microsoft PowerApps:
- Build new opportunities for business without dealing with any coding
- Great visual design by using the drag-and-drop functionality
- Select from a wide range of templates or build one from scratch
- Sharing the apps with other people is a seamless experience
How is SharePoint helping to win the game?
The web-based tool supports Microsoft 365, a simple productivity tool. Some of the best signs of using SharePoint for inventory management and other tasks are:
- Collaboration: The central admin user has the right to assign different levels of access to a team or individual users. SharePoint collaboration helps individuals stay updated about their project without dealing with any chats, video calls, mails, etc.
- Content Management: SharePoint inventory, lists, libraries, forms, and PowerApps are proven to deliver great efficiency while managing content. Users can easily deal with events, blogs, presentations, images, and more with SharePoint.
- Hybrid Solutions: The platform can integrate with Microsoft 354 apps to provide a great interface for project management. Users have access to various tools like To-Do, planner, project online, and tasks to efficiently handle the project.
- Highly Customizable: Users can enhance the SharePoint platform as per their requirements. It has web parts, apps, and workflows to make it user-friendly. It gives flexible solutions that help to evolve the business.
- Personalization: If your business targets a certain sector, these SharePoint tools can help deliver a personalized experience for everyone. Your employees will get content tailored based on their department, function, level of seniority, and location.
How to use SharePoint tools effectively?
1. Content Management
The aim is to enable users to seamlessly create news, forms, policies, articles, new hires, events, and more. SharePoint inventory has everything from publishing to updating the content features. Some noteworthy things you can do are:
- Build pages using existing templates
- Insert charts, images, and videos
- Choose the site theme and branding
- Track the history from versions
- Restore and recover from previous versions
2. Knowledge Management
This enables your team to perform actions in SharePoint like:
- Track the progress of projects and the latest trends
- Allow employees to share ideas
- Collect information through forms, polls, and surveys
- Use the team site to share project-specific information
- Share information through images, designs, charts, videos, and diagrams
3. Document Management
It deals with the process of storing documents and files in SharePoint and accessibility. Some features you get are:
- Access files through tags and metadata
- Group files using specific tags
- Share documents internally and externally
- Handle permissions on files accessibility
- Restore data from recycle bin
4. Project Management
This includes all the knowledge and collaboration management features for projects. It provides capabilities to manage projects as:
- Provide centralized storage for specific projects
- Planner and weekly activities
- Plan the project progress
- Have a project milestone calendar
- Plan meetings calendar
The Winning Point!
While investing in SharePoint inventory management, forms, lists, libraries, and PowerApps is considered a smart move. It is the best choice for an organization that doesn’t have specialized IT skills and wants to bring faster results.